Based in Durham, Catherine handles commercial litigation matters statewide and family law cases in Durham, Orange and Wake Counties, as well as neighboring areas.
Catherine is a North Carolina native. When not practicing law, she enjoys volunteering with her church, playing piano and spending time with her husband and their two children.
- Experience – in practice since 1996
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Juris Doctor (JD) from North Carolina Central University School of Law, cum laude
Admitted to the following:
- North Carolina Bar
- US District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- US District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- US District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- Member of North Carolina Bar Association (NCBA), NCBA Family Law section member
- Member of 14th Judicial District Bar
- Member of Durham County Bar Association (DCBA)
- President of 14th Judicial District Bar, Durham County Bar Association and Durham Bar Foundation 2012-13
- Vice President of 14th Judicial District Bar, Durham County Bar Association and Durham Bar Foundation 2011-12
- Director on Joint Board of Directors for 14th Judicial District Bar, Durham County Bar Association and Durham Bar Foundation 2008-2011
- Chair of Nominating Committee for 14th Judicial District Bar, Durham County Bar Association and Durham Bar Foundation 2013-14
- Co-chair of Durham County Family Bar 2008-2010
- Co-chair of Durham County Family Bar 1998-1999
- Continuing Legal Education speaker for NCBA “Jurisdictional Issues Relating to Contracts” 2008
- Attorney at Law Magazine North Carolina Article: “Sentimental Value and Division of Marital Property“
Pro Bono/Community Service
- Regular volunteer provider of pro bono legal services with “Lawyer on the Line” program
- Annual participant in NCBA “Justice 4-All” program since the program’s inception
- Participant in “Career Day” presentations in area elementary schools
WHAT MY CLIENTS ARE SAYING
“Catherine Pavur has provided excellent legal advice to me over the past year. In that time, I have found Ms. Pavur to be honest and straightforward in her approach to my legal needs. She has demonstrated a high degree of loyalty and trustworthiness and has carried out every commitment with vigor and resolve. Ms. Pavur believes in giving more than what is required to expedite and complete the task at hand. She has been a genuine asset to me as I am sure she would be to any one for whom Ms. Pavur undertakes a project. I have no reservations about recommending her highly.” – K.T
“Ending a 30 year marriage is a traumatic and painful event. In addition to the emotional and psychological impact, the financial ramifications can be overwhelming. I knew that the decisions I made during this incredibly difficult period in my life would affect me and my family for many years to come. Catherine was there for me at every step providing invaluable insight and guidance based on her years of experience. She had my back at a time when I was surrounded by hostility. Her composure and professionalism made all the difference. I consider her a trusted friend.” – S.P.
“I've used Catherine in several cases and she has always given timely, thorough responses. She takes the time to research cases to try to get the best possible outcome.” – M.J.